Host Payout

  • When do I get paid?

    The homestay family will receive the security deposit from Homadorma when the trial week is over.

    • In the case of "Self Management”, homestay monthly fee payments will be made on a monthly basis directly by the student.
    • In the case of "Homadorma Management", first month homestay monthly fee, minus the security deposit, will be made by Homadorma when the trial week is over. All future homestay monthly fees will be made on a monthly basis by Homadorma as long as the "Homadorma Management" remains in effect. Last month homestay monthly fee is paid, whichever occurs earlier, in the last month of stay, or when the “Homadorma Management" expires or terminates.

    Processing time
    After Homadorma releases the payment, it takes some additional time for the money to get to you. The average processing time for each payout method is 1-2 banking business days.

  • What's Homadorma payment method?

    We pay our hosts by direct deposit. We will ask hosts to provide us with bank account information (e.g., void cheque or bank info sheet) after a booking is confirmed.

  • How much do I get paid in case of a termination within trial week?

    The first week of stay is trial week.

    Should student felt a must to change homestay family, the student may contact our company within the 1st week. We would then begin looking for new suitable homestay and inform the current homestay family. The student would move out when a new homestay becomes available (usually in 1 or 2 weeks). The homestay family could terminate the stay within trial week in the same way. The homestay family will receive homestay family income prorated based on the number of days students spend in your household. Homadorma reserves the rights not to pay the homestay family in case of serious complaints from the student.

  • Is homestay family income taxable?

    Homestay income is a taxable income in Canada, with any related expenses deductible. Please discuss with your accountant how to report the income to CRA, or simply call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Other questions