Our deluxe air-conditioned home is located in a peaceful neighborhood near the Scarborough Bluffs on a large landscaped property. The home has flower gardens and outdoor patios to enjoy, as well, it is located close to walking trails in woods and to the beach. It is common to see, even from our backyard, different singing birds, rabbits, chipmunks and yes even deer. Tranquillity and comfort from the busy city are found here. The house itself is about 3,500 square feet (350 m2) with each second-floor home-stay bedroom being about 220 sq. ft (22m2).
Each clean spacious bedroom has an a private ensuite bathroom and comes furnished with a desk, chair, dresser, queen size bed, night tables, lamps and a double closet. Towels and linen are provided.
All utilities are included, as well as, unlimited high-speed internet (150 Mbps) Wi-Fi and self serve laundry.
We are professionals – Doctor of Chiropractic and business management consultant that works from the home. Twelve-year-old Rockie, the mini-Schnauzer, is our friendly family dog. There are usually 2 students staying with us for the academic year.
Only accept students between 15-28 years old
I don't accept smokers
HOMESTAY GUIDELINES OF THE HOUSE
We would like to make your experience a positive one during your stay with us. We ask you to interact with all members in our home and treat others with respect. We encourage independence with accountability. During your stay in our home we will attempt to teach you ways to live independently in the future. You are encouraged to participate in many activities - cooking, grocery shopping, cleaning, dog walking and feeding are some examples.
Often, we have some students who are between 16 and 18 and many rules apply to them. Students 18 and older some rules do not apply. We will also respect the student’s parent’s curfew requests.
Normally, the high school students are here from September until June. School attendance is a must so, please no being late and no skipping classes.
We pride ourselves in having a very clean house and the students are asked to help clean their bathrooms and bedrooms weekly. Cleaning staff is available for bedroom and toilet cleaning for a fee of $25 weekly. For convenience, this amount can be paid monthly. Three nutritionally balanced healthy meals are provided. Snacks such as chips, candies, cookies, etc. are up to the student to purchase, as are their personal toiletries such as shampoo, body soap, hair products, etc.
1. Breakfast, lunch and dinner Wash and dry your own plate and utensils and put them away or rinse them and put them in the dishwasher if it has dirty dishes in it.
2. Please do not leave dishes on the counter or in the sink.
3. It is expected that you use a place-mat every time you eat something and that you wipe clean and put away the place-mat when finished.
4. All food and drinks are to be consumed in the kitchen only, NOT in bedroom, living room, etc.
5. Before meals, please wash your hands in the washroom not in the kitchen sink.
1. Please help yourself to cereal, instant oatmeal, toast, etc.
2. Please clean and put away everything extra that has been used. (i.e. plastic containers, jam, milk, butter, bread, cereal, yogurt)
1. Please supply your own plastic lunch containers, with your name on them or plastic bags.
2. Wash the container when you return home so that it can be reused the next night. Storing dirty lunch containers in your room is not hygienic.
1. Dinner is between 6:30pm and 7:30pm. Food will be put away after. If you will not be home for dinner, please let us know as early as possible.
2. It is expected that everyone will help to set up and clean up the table completely. (i.e. plates, food, table)
3. If something gets broken please tell Antony immediately.
4. If something is finished or needs to be re-filled please let us know.
5. If something gets spilled please clean it up and let us know.
6. Students must not use the stove-top or the oven without supervision or expressed approval
1. Turn on the fan when you are using the bathroom and especially when showering.
2. Showering should not take more than ten to fifteen minutes.
3. If something is not working please let Antony know as soon as possible (i.e. toilet gets clogged).
4. Flush your toilet. Put only toilet paper in the bowl, everything else should be put into the waste basket.
5. Gentlemen, if you cannot aim in the toilet please use it sitting.
1. When watching television keep the volume low or use the headphones.
2. Do not use after 10pm weekdays or 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
3. Do not put your feet on the furniture i.e. sofa, chairs, and table.
4. Turn lights off when leaving your room as well as computers and other electronic devices when you are going to sleep or when you are leaving the house.
1. No smoking of any kind, no alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs in or around the house.
2. Please take off your shoes when coming inside the house and leave them in the tray beside the door, not in the middle of the entrance. You may have 1 pair of shoes and slippers downstairs, the rest, stored in your room.
3. Do not be in someone else’s bedroom. Please use common areas for socializing.
4. When arriving or leaving home, students are asked to greet us or announce their arrival or departure.
5. For younger students, curfew for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday is 10 p.m.
6. For younger students, curfew for Friday and Saturday nights is 11 p.m.
7. Sleeping out for minors under 18 is not permitted, for those over 18, please talk to your host first.
8. Students are not permitted overnight visitors.
9. Lock the front door when you leave and come home. Your security code will be given to you. Please do not share it with others.
10. During hot weather in the summer and cold weather in the winter, please do not open windows.
11. Please keep windows closed when it is raining.
12. It is your responsibility to keep your room tidy.
13. Take your recycling garbage out on Thursday night.
14. You are expected to clean up after yourself at all times.
15. If you intentionally damage or break any furniture, fixtures, or equipment you and your family are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement.
16. No driving of motorized vehicles
17. Please do not use strong smelling perfumes as some people may be allergic to them.
1. Laundry is to be done anytime on Saturday under supervision. Change in day should be approved and all dryer use will be after 7:00 pm weekdays for energy conservation.
2. Please remember to remove your clothes from the washer and dryer as to not delay others.
3. There is no charge for weekly personal laundry use. Laundry soap is provided.
4. Please do not use thick creams, Vaseline or oily products when you go to bed. The stains do not come out and you will have to replace the bedding if the stains cannot be removed.
There is no additional fee for reasonable unlimited high-speed internet access. By reasonable I mean normal unlimited bandwidth access and usage that excludes intensive online gaming, large torrent file or movie downloads or live-streaming or other activities that consume large amounts of bandwidth. This type of heavy use is not covered in your payment under the Homestay Program and may result in overage charges
We encourage students to make use of their time online for the following: research, homework or other academic work and keeping in touch with friends in Canada and family and friends at home. The following activities are prohibited downloading pirated software or media, pornographic content and gambling.
Please download RocketMan Transit App for the public transportation (TTC) bus schedule and WhatsApp, Messenger or WeChat for communicating, unless you have a local cell phone number.